Tuesday, November 06, 2007

180 Euros Later...

O2 didn't cancel my contract. Needless to say, I won't be renewing again next time. In fact, I found out it was my phone. The signal in my apartment is so weak on the older generation system that I need a newer phone to use the newer system.

Fuckers.

So, because I want to do this right and have a warranty, I bought a new phone.

It works, and I really like it. But come on...don't give me a phone that doesn't work on your network! That is just silly.

But they are 180 Euros richer!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I understand your frustration, and I'm not even American! Glad you are able to use your phone again though.

But, anyway, any kind of contract sucks. That's why I use pre-paid (it's not really, but anyway). The advantage of a pre-paid system is that after you have heard:

"Dear Callya Customer. Thank you for trying to use your phone. That's nice. However, you should be aware of the fact that you credit level (cheap-o!) is running low. That means that you should re-load your credit level to prevent that I cut you off in the middle of your conversation. Because I will do it you know. Unless, unless!, you use a top-up number and top-up your Callya account. Will you top-up your account with your top-up number? Will you? Please do. I really hope I haven't wasted your time. Really, sorry, that you have to listen to this before I connect your call. Sorry. But the way, your current credit level is 0 euro and 0 cents."

enough times, you can just rip the sim-card out of the phone, piss on it and call it a day.

Cheers.

Angela said...

I tend to find here in NY that I must purchase a new phone every 2 years because the old one just fizzles out. Funny thing...that is when my contract is up I can get another phone for free if I sign up for another 2 years....

It's not funny, and I continue to sign up for another 2 years, for the free phone. It's a vicious cycle