Saturday, October 10, 2009

Why Has it Been so Long??

I can't really say why. Perhaps it's the quarter system at RIT that has me running like crazy and when I get home at night all I want to do it veg out.

But, for better or worse, here is another post.

There is so much I could write about because there is so much going on at the moment: Obama won the Nobel Peace Prize, his health care bill is having issues with being passed, school is kicking my ass and I am going to visit Ivana in December for xmas.

Oh, there is more, but that is enough.

I guess I could start with Ivana's visit to the USA. It was a long day...a very long day. I decided to drive to NYC to pick her up from JFK because she said that it would be "a good chance to see the landscape after I land". (I'll never drive to NYC and back in one day again.) (come to think of it, I will never drive to NYC again.)

I warned her that when she landed, she'd only be half way to home time-wise.

Well, I don't think she really understood.

I don't think Europeans understand the size of our country. It's much bigger than they really think.

She knows now.

But all in all, it was a great trip. We went to Pittsburgh to visit my friend Yona, then to Lancaster to taunt the Amish, then to Washington DC to visit my friend Nick.






Jake and I at the "Exorcist Steps"



I have to say that after not seeing her for about 4 months and then practically living with her, we really got along well, it was nice. No territorial arguments, no real spats to speak of.

What did she really like? Frappucino and cheesecake.

No comments: