Thursday, April 20, 2006

Sick, sick, sick

There are a few good reasons why I like living in Europe. One of them, as you have heard so many times, is my 5 weeks paid vacation. But what I haven't experienced - well, until now that is - is SICK TIME.

That's right: I am sick. I have the flu, and the doctor gave me a week paid off!

Now, I know what you Americans are thinking: "sissy, loser, weakling!" Go ahead, say what you want...but I know you are jealous!

See, in Germany, everyone gets 6 weeks of paid sick time. Now, that means that a lot of the "honest" citizens really milk the system for all it's worth, but I think I am not in that group, seeing that this is the 1st time I've been to the doctor's.

Now here is the downside: I am totally fucking bored.

There is only so much sleeping a man can do. So much cleaning or picking up someone can do...and this is only the second day!

So I'm gonna whine and complain to anyone that'll listen.

And I'll get paid for it.

I love Europe.

No comments: