Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Come to Germany...pass a kidney stone!


Hey everyone,

Well, my dad's trip was interesting to say the least. Everything was fine - his arrival, the trip to Berlin and Prague - until the Saturday before he left. He got really, REALLY sick. On Sunday, I decided to bring him to the hospital. It turned out that it was the best choice: he had a kidney stone! The stone had moved from his kidney to the base of the bladder and sat there... After a night in the hospital, they decided to remove the stone. The operation was a success, and he was able to fly home on Tuesday. So, hopefully he stays healthy. In retrospect, I realize that he didn't buy any souvenirs for himself, however, I think a complete tour of the University Clinic Hospital and a personally made kidney stone are souvenirs enough!

I am glad that he got sick after our traveling. Not that I am glad he got sick, but if he'd been sick in Prague, I wouldn't have known what to do. At least here I can mildly express what I want to in German. And it allowed me to learn some new terms and words in German! (ex. bladder, kidney stone, patient registration, medical coverage, catheter, and so on)

Otherwise, it was a nice trip, I think, for him. He enjoyed Prague. We found a cafe that we liked. I am going to visit it again this weekend...

So, if I don't write again before Easter, I hope everyone has a great Easter and I'll be in touch soon!

P.S. click on the picture to take you to my new photo page.

No comments: