Thursday, March 06, 2008

Bowling


The great American pastime. 

I used to be quite good, although my performance the other night wouldn't lead you to believe it.

A group of us went out bowling the other night and it was good fun, if nothing else, and I sucked.

That's right. For a guy who thought for a while (long ago) to try to go pro at bowling (I was young), I really, REALLY sucked.

The only saving grace was that I brought my camera and took some photos.

But what I shouldn't have done was to stop shooting in RAW format. I had this idea that my photos would be "just as good" if I shot in JPEG format.

No.

So, I learned two lessons that night: don't ever, EVER say you were good at something and never think that you can shoot in jpeg.


Wayne all zen-like before bowling

1 comment:

Angela said...

The gravity must be different in Europe.... I remember when you were a good bowler to.