Wednesday, November 26, 2008

GZ and DPS

Hello all.

It's been a while. And do you know why? If you couldn't tell from the last few posts, I'll tell ya:

World of Warcraft.

Yep. I am officially an addict. It's not uncommon in my life though. I lost a whole summer to Starcraft 10 years ago.

Now, I have no excuse for staying in and only playing this game except it's so much fun!

But, as with many new things, I need to get used to the lingo. Maybe some of this is normal for some of you, but for me I had to ask silly questions to which a reply would be "die noob!"

Noob (or nub) = noobie =  a new person
TY = simple: thank you. (used when you help another player slay a beast or if you give them healing or water)
NP = the reply to TY and it is "no problem"
LFG = looking for group
Tank = a type of player who "tanks" his way into a group of enemies"
Healer = a player who heals said tanks
DPS = "damage per second". That is my character's strength. I stand back and blast them with ice :-)
CC = crowd control (I can  turn one enemy into a sheep, reducing the menace a bit.

I am getting the hang of all the lingo but it's not easy. 

And why am I blogging and not playing??

Weekly maintenance every Wednesday til 12.

*sigh*
 

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Ugh... stupid computer games! Get out there and talk to live people at least once in awhile.

MS said...

tank = meatshield

What server you on?

Bob said...

I guess it does...in the European realms it's Tank.

I'm on the european "Arie Peak"