Monday, March 08, 2010

LOLcat and a New Engrish

I am stupefied.

I have played WoW for almost 2 years now and have seen this language typed over and over and over.

I thought people, like I, were typing in a hurry and misspelling words.

Turns out, they were probably NOT misspelling words.

And I, in my anal retentiveness, am.

Ladies and gentlemen: for those who don’t already know about this, I present...

Lolcat English! The intertube English!

http://speaklolspeak.com/page/LOLspeak+101

If you don’t want to go to that page, here is a sample of the language:


You start with an idea like:“That’s a really cute cat. And look, he has a bow on his head!”

and turn it into this:

“OMG wau!! Dat beesings a kiti vary ful ov tewtul kutenis!! Bees wif da lukingz!! Omg him gotz da bowwagez on himz hed lyk WTF?!? OMG I tewtul wuntz to grabz dat kiti and fuzziez himz awl ovar … him sooooooo mooshy an fullz ov win!! Don werry lil kiti, I no eetz u! I luvz kitiz! I can has bunchiz ov dem! Mah kitiz luvz bowwagez too! YETH!! GIMME!! Kthxbai!”

If you want to see how to do this, you need to go to the link.

No comments: