Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Texas, what is wrong with you?

I’m not sure how to begin this.

Maybe it should start out about how I love what this country stands for.

For now.

Maybe not for much longer.

If you don’t know: the Texas State Board of Education is about to remove Thomas Jefferson from the history books in the area of “revolutionary writers”.

The author of Declaration of Independence.

A former President.

I can only speculate as to why. It seems that Jefferson also supported the separation of church and state. Something the Texas SBOE is trying to eliminate.

So slowly remove Jefferson and insert other revolutionary writers such as....Thomas Aquinas and John Calvin?

Hmmmmm.

This stinks with bias. And it’s anti-American.

And the problem I have with it other than that? It’s not due for revision for 10 years.

And that is how I say “nothing good ever comes from Texas”.

So fuck you McElroy, you idiot dentist influencing how children learn.

And fuck you Texas.

No comments: