Saturday, February 11, 2006

Notes from Peitz (a town in the middle of fucking nowhere in Germany)

Monday: Got in a few minutes late and walked right by the men picking me up. When they realized I could speak German they were happy. Had to move the office around to accommodate the learning method. They have a the coolest coffee machine I've ever seen. They took breaks often. They resorted to german when they got tired. (them knowing I could speak German didn't help) I've had a stiff neck for two days. Stress probably. The train ride in was nice. I saw the red sun rise and the trees were powdered with snow. The lunch was nicely divided into several dishes: Spaghetti, pudding (kiwi/banana), cucumber salad, and an apple. What a combination. The hotel room is small. but it's quiet and if I decide to go nuts and burn the room down, I don't think anyone else is here to bother. Tried to go to the bar for a beer. No one there. Not gonna waste my money if there is no scenery. Stuck in a town where the only exciting thing here is a bar (closed for remodeling til this friday) and a supermarket. What have I gotten myself into? Help!!!

Tuesday: It snowed last night, so the roads were messy and my ride was 15 minutes late. The students today were more distracted then yesterday. The coffee machine lost its prestige today. I am sick of coffee now, only after asking, did I get water. The lunch we had was...ok. I think I'll be sick of cafeteria food by friday. Things in separate dishes are starting to annoy me. Was going to travel into Cottbus, but then, why? I can stay here, light candles, and enjoy a night in from of the computer working on design stuff.

Wednesday: The hump day. Killed them today with grammar. the boss didn't sit in for half of the time...then he said that he booked a course for March...shit. That means I have to go again. (?) Tomorrow we'll finish all but chapter 11 (no-not the bankruptcy chapter). Dunno what else to say. My hotel is ok. Had dreams last night I'd rather not have. Reading a Mike Gayle book and love it. I'd finish it tonight, but I need to pace myself. The hotel's room isn't conducive to working. I just want to watch movies and sleep. The good thing is that I am catching up on my sleep.

Thursday: Thank God I have only one more night left in this hole. I feel like I'm on an island. Another day of energy spent trying to get them to speak. They cheat on their homework. I splattered sauce all over my shirt at lunch time, tripped over a chair while switching pages on the marker board...it wasn't my day, that's for sure. Looking forward to coming home for the weekend, and dreading it at the same time. I don't want to speak to Ivana. I wonder what's going on in her head. Or do I? Tomorrow is only a half day, and then I have the WEEKEND!! Monday I have to travel to Chemnitz...WTF??!! I have to pack tonight for tomorrow. I am so ready to get out of here.

No comments: