Monday, October 15, 2007

What Do I Love??

I was talking to this friend online, and was telling her how I feel uninspired at the moment and I feel like all the photos I shoot are dumb.

She said I needed a muse.

She then asked me what I loved. (So I could shoot what I love)

I said the first real thing that came to my mind:

  • my coffee
  • writing
  • being alone first thing in the morning
  • waking up with the world

That was list. The first things that came to my mind.

It's not a bad list. It's surprisingly simple.

I had no idea that I loved writing.

See, I have this ritual in the morning that involves writing 3 pages of anything into a journal. It helps clear my mind and I have come to really need it.

But to love it?? I am surprised.

But it was good to find this out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Two questions: (1) what do you write for 3 pages every day? I have trouble squeezing out anything at all. (2) What does it mean to wake up with the world? Can you describe the experience?