Sunday, September 21, 2008

Back Home Safe and Sound

I'm home now.

It's quite amazing how much of "the German" you can tune out when you have an iPod on. I didn't have to worry about anyone talking to me. It's ok, the Germans are usually pretty "hands off" anyway.

I tried to stay awake til my normal bedtime but couldn't. I went to bed at 8 and woke up at 9AM.

That's 13 hours. And if you know me, I can never sleep more than 8. Amazing.

But I had a strange dream that kept going even after I woke up to pee: I was somehow convicted to death because I shot someone (but didn't really, I was framed). It went right up to the moment where I had to go to the chair (at least that is what I was telling myself in the dream because I didn't actually see it) and somehow escaped (someone raided the jail) and was on the run for the rest of my sleeping moments (but not really because I met friends to play pool).

Then I woke up to realize I was in Germany. I have no idea which is worse.

I have no idea if that is a metaphor for my life here.

No comments: