Saturday, September 20, 2008

Back in Sausage Land

Hey all.

I made it to Munich at least. I am sitting here waiting for my 11:25 flight staring at a 9:00 flight to the same city but alas, I cannot get on due to my luggage being checked in for the 11:25 flight.

*sigh* welcome back to the land of the inflexible,

And, to get a wonderful internet connection, I have to pay 8 euros for an hour of internet.

Welcome to the land of nothing ever, ever, being free. I already miss free wifi everywhere in the USA.

U-S-A! U-S-A!

Ironically, there is a free "coffee station" where I can get unlimited coffee and tea. So I can't complain about everything...just that it's not Starbucks coffee.

Surprisingly, I am not that tired. I was able to sleep for about 6 minutes on the plane and the flight seemed to go quickly. The sunrise view from the plane was amazing. It looked like a rainbow in the horizon.

I already miss what routine I had developed in the states. But I have my own here and that should be good enough for a while anyway.

I can say that so far, I enjoy the tameness (if that is a word) of the Germans. Compared to waiting at a gate in the US, they are much more reserved and quiet. I can do my own thing and it's not a problem not to talk to anyone.

Having said that, I had a really great conversation with 3 people at a restaurant in JFK where I paid almost 40 dollars for 2 beers and a meal. But the conversation was worth every cent...and the food and drinks were also good!

Well anyway. I will definitely write more later and post some photos. I just wanted to write some things here while my thoughts are semi-fresh and partly cohesive.

No comments: