Sunday, September 21, 2008

R.I.P. Starbucks Greece




I remember about 10 years ago when it was first opened.

Hell, I'd even worked there a couple times to help out.

It's a shock that "the Borg" has decided to close one of its stores and it happens to be the closest one to my house. I could walk there in 20 minutes or so. 

The Starbucks in Greece has closed. I had to go there on their last day to get one last coffee there. I met my friend Lou there as well. He felt just as obligated to snag one last latte.




It's sad, really, when a neighborhood institution like a café (any café, not just a huge corporation) closes down due to the fucking paralyzing construction on the busiest road in the world.

Other companies have moved or closed down as well.

I'll miss the familiar neighborhood café, but gladly, there are 2 more in the area. Sadly, however, I'd need a car to get to them.

*sigh*

No comments: