Sunday, August 17, 2008

15 Plus a Dog, and a Social Experiment





How does one begin a birthday blog? With a frog?

Well....

Karen made me a cake.


Me blowing out the candle.

See the gifts on the table? I found out later that they were wrapped in WALLPAPER. How cool is that??!

There is always a slight panic in my mind when having a party: how much food to buy, how much beer to have handy, snacks, etc...but it worked out wonderfully! Once everyone got to my place it turned into a nice party.

I got a coffee grinder and a gift voucher for amazon. (Thanks again!) I spent the morning tweaking the settings on the grinder and almost had caffeine overdose!

And the gift certificate has already been used.

I was a bit ambitious with the amount of people invited. Since I have a small apartment, I knew I couldn't invite everyone, but I tried. I found out the limit to what my apartment can hold comfortably: 15 people and a dog. I was counting on good weather so we could also use the balcony but that didn't work out so it was a good thing that everyone knew each other and that the beer and wine flowed the whole evening!

Wayne

Danielle and Jule


Hendrick and Delphine

Karen and Desiree

Katrin

Karen hiding behind her glass

Jessica, Torsten and Desiree

Dave

Well, 15 people, if a few go outside from time to time on the balcony to have a cigarette. (or to be the grill master)

Thanks again, everyone for coming to the party and celebrating with me!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Bob! Wish I could have been there. But probably your apartment couldn't have handled 16 and a dog and a baby. And I couldn't have handled the plane fare. Send Sarah vibes out at Dresden for me, please. I miss it!

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday, Bob!!! I am so happy to see your blog & know that you had such a fun time! I am crying because I miss you, but you'll be home soon. Who's a special boy?? YOU!! Always.
Love you...
Mom

Bob said...

Oh...gag me....

Unknown said...

I need a filter,