Monday, August 04, 2008

Some Of My Duckies In a Row...

2 Weeks without the girlfriend can be interpreted different ways. I can sit here and be sad and feel lonely, or I can try to proactively do something new.

I am inspired from a co-worker's site (I hesitate calling him a friend at this point only because of the German definition of friend being that we've "had a beer together" keeping me from saying it. Come on, Toby, let's get a beer together sometime!) and while I am essentially as strong as a wet noodle, I want to try to do 100 push-ups. Here is the site.

While contemplating the whole "will my bad shoulders handle the stress" question, I also went out with my snazzy bike computer (attached to the bike, of course) to map out a nice 5KM route to try to jog 4 times a week. (I popped the back tire and had to walk almost the whole way) I am quite sure I can do 5KM, it doesn't seem that hard, but I'd like to get up to 10KM. Who knows...this whole thing may be delusional but I want to try it.

The 70-200mm lens is up on ebay. I want to buy the next best version: the Image Stabilization version.

I'm thinking of selling the Fender guitar because my teens-through-twenties pipe dream of becoming a rock star is over. I could use the money for camera stuff...and by "stuff", I mean a new camera body.

While I'm at it, I have a question: the camera body I want is only about 100 dollars more expensive here but that includes a 2 year E.U. warranty. Should I just buckle and get it? Whaddya all think?



1 comment:

Tobius said...

Hey, I'm game for a beer. When works for you? (Though to be honest, I won't read anything that you post here as a comment.)

As for the camera body: I'd say you should find out if the Canon shops here will service a body bought elsewhere. I imagine the body is built to the same standards wherever it's sold. . . so I guess the question is only what probability is there of your needing the warranty after the first year?

-Toby