Friday, August 08, 2008

Bust Out That Scotch!


The other night I stumbled across a video on the internet and decided to grab myself a drink and watch the 2 hour free video. (link given after a verbal bitch slapping from Toby)

It was of "the 4 horsemen" who are Richard Dawkins, Daniel Dennett, Sam Harris, and Christopher Hitchens, a group of 4 scientist/philosopher/free-thinkers who have all written books about science, religion, philosophy and rational thinking.

I recommend any of the books from any of these authors. Maybe at the end you'll disagree with what they say, but they are extremely intelligent and make a really strong case.

Anyway, I decided to bust out the Talisker and have a drink with my current idol Christopher Hitchens. He's as smart as he is witty and I love his take-no-crap way of arguing.

If only we all could be so critical in our thinking as these men.

2 comments:

Tobius said...

Okay, this is going to sound a little harsh, but sometimes that's just the way it has to be. I've lived here for a couple of years, and I haven't found a German word for "tough love," but that's what this is.

Is this your FIRST blog post? Are you completely NEW to the internet? Still mastering the fine motor skills necessary to move a mouse? You don't talk about a free two hour video you think is super cool without posting a LINK to it. Come on!!

Also, I'm all for busting out the Scotch. And I'm still waiting for details on that beer.

Bob said...

Sorry, sir. I put the link in. My apologies.