Saturday, February 23, 2008

The Anger Step...

I am experiencing what they call a bittersweet feeling. It's after the excitement and before the acceptance.

I know I am obsessed with Aperture now, and I know that in a few weeks the novelty will fade away and I'll be left with a program that does, in a way, what it should do:

Show me how much I really need to improve with my technique.

Don't get me wrong, I know that I am better than I was 2 years ago, but I have so much further to go.

And I'll keep pounding away on Aperture because it's an investment I've made in my photography and it's forcing me to rethink exposure in every step from turning the camera on to post processing.

And it's bittersweet because of this. I love it. And I am ashamed of my photos.

And I hope that acceptance comes soon.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Don't be ashamed of your photos...look at how much pleasure they have given you & us.
Mom