Wednesday, February 06, 2008

I'm Making Lists...

Bob’s revised top 10 list of movies in no particular order:


  1. Before the Sunrise
  2. The Saw movies
  3. Life as a House
  4. The Matrix
  5. The Pianist
  6. The original Star Wars trilogy
  7. Fight Club
  8. Kill Bill volume 1
  9. Closer
  10. Stranger Than Fiction


Ok peeps...wanna know why?


  1. Great dialogue movie! And it’s in Europe and I can totally identify with Ethan Hawke’s character. Not to mention the girl’s character, too. It’s a movie about anyone’s European fantasy about meeting someone and having an all night romance. A bit idealistic and naive, but really cool.
  2. The Saw movies are great. The first one had such a cool story and yeah, they are a bit brutal but the story is great and the idea of “cherish your life” is something we should all remember.
  3. Great drama. Yeah, Hayden Christiensen played exactly the same part he played in Star Wars (a spoiled cry baby) but the story moved me and Kevek Kline played a great part.
  4. “Do you know what the Matrix is?” Need I say more?
  5. I am a sucker for WWII dramas and this one was just super.
  6. Luke, Han, Chewie, Leia. Need I say more?
  7. “You are not your bank account.” To me, possibly the best “fuck you” film of my generation. The book is even better.
  8. Probably not Tarantino’s best, but I loved the style.
  9. Not sure why this one popped into my head but I loved the photography scene where Juila’s Character is taking portraits of Natalie’s character and the emotion in it. Wonderful. I’d love it if Julia and Natalie fought over me...
  10. Ok...newer movie and I loved the idea of a writer-blocked writer having difficulty finding a way to kill her main character only to meet him in person later in the film.


So that’s it. It will change, but that’s my very temporary list.


Feel free to leave suggestions/recommendations.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have always had a hard time getting over the last 5 minutes of Ang Lee's The Ice Storm. Drama at its best.

http://metajungle.info/?p=15

I would probably also add Rushmore, and Terry Gilliam's Brazil. There are a lot of good movies out there, but unfortunately also a lot of crappy ones.

A more recent one I saw, a liked a lot for some reason, was No Country For Old Men, a little scary but excellently filmed and portrayed.

Unknown said...

What other kinds of lists are you making?? You know I'm neurotic.
Mom

Anonymous said...

i LOVED stranger than fiction. cried my eyes out, and so did that batman guy.