Sunday, February 17, 2008

Lost in Aperture

I love this program.

Yeah, I know I missed a day and I am not gonna cheat and fake a post. It's wrong. I forgot and you all just have to forgive me. But still, 16 posts in 17 days is ok, I think.

I was caught up in the new Apple photo editing software, Aperture.

See, Apple came out with a kick ass photo editing program before Adobe came out with Lightroom.

The problem was it was a hog for system resources and ran like crap on my old powerbook.

So, Lightroom was the only choice. I liked it, too.

But...low and behold, Apple released a new version (along with a free 30 day trial to hook us) and, well, I am hooked.

The workflow is different, but I like an all in one screen interface. It's fast and a bit more intuitive. 

Both programs are great, though, I just am interested in using native Apple programs since, well, Apple rocks and they know their machines.

So with that all in mind, let me show you a photo I took and processed in Aperture.


1 comment:

Aimee said...

RYC on tipping. I didn't politely hint. I told them exactly what I wrote..."I know in your country things are different but we don't make any money unless you tip..."
Sometimes I will ask if I did something wrong because I want to be a better server. People ask why and I point to the tip. Usually it is polite enough but also shows that their tip was not enough. I only do that in extreme situations though. Mostly I just shut up and take the sucky tips.
Thanks for stopping by! And I love, love, love your picture in the corner of the blog!