Tuesday, February 19, 2008

I Won!

This is a great big "fuck you" to Germany.

So: FUCK YOU, GERMANY.

I got a credit card!

After being insulted by the whole process of having to prove and re-prove my existence for a damn company and then denied the credit card I had worked so hard to get, I applied to an online company and 2 days later (with no real proof of existence) I got an email saying my new card was on the way.*

I WON!

This feeling dovetails nicely with the shock from looking at my phone bill yesterday. For my computer problem I had last month, I had to spend a lot of time on the phone with customer "service". 

58 cents a minute.

Or as I like to say: 58 fucking cents per minute.

Phone sex is about the same price.

Every customer "service" line in Germany costs money to call and, for a long time, I wondered why.

I think it stumbled upon a decent explanation: the Germans are, at heart, miserable and a complaining lot of people and if they had the chance to call a company and tell this company how crap their product was, they'd never stop calling. They want it all and they don't want to pay for it. High quality?? Of course!! High price?? Never!

So these companies put up a "money wall" to prevent people from really expressing their feelings. "If you really want to tell us how crap we are, you'll have to pay"

Here, it's often only about money.

Germans have to deal with one wall or another, apparently.

And believe me, I know a few Germans. They are really wonderful people. But they complain like I have never seen someone complain before.

But on the other hand, they are the nicest most giving bunch of people too. Maybe the extremes have to exist for them. 

I dunno.

*I have to wonder what kind of company would give someone a card after hardly any question as to what they make or who they are. Kinda shady, I think.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Bob,
Congratulations on your shady German credit card!
Mom